Effective Date: March 1, 2016
CastleBranch offers and provides a variety of products, services, and other solutions to individuals, businesses, educational institutions, and others who are in need of our products, services, and solutions. Without limiting the breadth of the previous sentence, some of the products, services, and solutions that we provide consist of criminal record check services; drug testing services; employment, licensure, education, and other verifications; immunization record verification services; consumer reports and investigative consumer reports; and other compliance management services.
In the course of your access to or use of our website, products, services, or solutions, or in the course of our business operations (including providing consumer reports or investigative consumer reports about you to our clients), we may collect information about you from a variety of sources, or you may provide information to us. Your privacy is very important to us and we want you to be aware of the information we may collect, how we use it, and options you have regarding your information.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States or Overseas: Personal information that we collect about you, whether directly from you or from other sources, may be transferred by us to third parties outside of the United States and its territories.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: CastleBranch does not recognize “do not track” signals.
Information We Collect: We collect a variety of information about you from numerous sources, including from you. Some of the information that we collect about you may not identify you (such as information collected through cookies as a result of your visit to our website). Other information that we may collect from you or about you, whether individually or in combination with other information, may personally identify you (such as your name, email address, social security number, home address, or birth date.
- Information Collected When You Visit or Use Our Website: CastleBranch collects information about you when you visit or use our website. When you visit or use our website, we may collect information about your interactions with us. This information may include, but is not limited to, when the website is accessed, how you used the website, the type of device that you used to access the website, your IP address and URL requests, your operating system, your internet service provider, your browser type and settings, the webpages visited, the date and time of your requests, and other similar kinds of information. We also may collect information that you provide to us, such as contact information or comments. This information may not be personally identifiable if you do not create an account with us or provide us with your name, contact information, or other personally identifiable information. However, this information may become associated with you and personally identifiable information if you create an account with us, order products or services from us, or provide us with your name, contact information, or other personally identifiable information.
- Information Collected From You: When you create an account with CastleBranch, place an order for services, or otherwise use certain features or functions on our website or system, we may collect information from you to help us identify you and to ensure that we have the information needed to provide the services, products, or access to the website features which you may have purchased or ordered, and to otherwise perform our business operations. The information collected from you may include personally identifiable information (such as, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, social security number, email address(es), home address, mailing address, phone number(s), personal location, student identification number, schools attended, and employer(s)). We also may collect your credit or debit card number, expiration date, security code (located on the back of your credit or debit card) or other banking or payment information. CastleBranch also may collect, record, or transcribe written transcripts, descriptions, summaries, or video or audio recordings of you when you contact CastleBranch, which may include personally identifiable information about you (an example is a recording of a telephone conversation between a CastleBranch customer service representative and you). You also may provide to us through the website certain documents, records, or other data, such as photographs, immunization records, CPR, OSHA, and other training certifications, and other information.
- Information Collected From Other Sources: We may collect information about you, including personally identifiable information, from our clients who order from us a consumer report, investigative consumer report, or other product or service about you. The information collected from our clients may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, social security number, email address(es), home address, mailing address, phone number(s), student identification number, education history, licensure, and employment history. We also may collect information about you, including personally identifiable information, from other sources, such as, but not limited to, third party databases; the department of motor vehicles; county, state, and federal courts; state repositories; federal repositories, state and regional prisons; local police stations; federal bankruptcy courts; federal civil courts; state medical boards; drug testing facilities or specimen collection sites; professional licensing organizations; and other private, local, state, and federal organizations and agencies.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: CastleBranch may use and process non-personally identifiable information about you in any way and for any purpose in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, for data analysis; to improve or develop products, services, features, functions, tools, or the website; and to share and provide to our affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, contractors, service providers, and others.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: CastleBranch may disclose non-personally identifiable information about you in any way, for any purpose, and to any person, entity, agency, or organization in our sole discretion.
Security of Information: CastleBranch takes seriously the security of its website and your personally identifiable information, and takes commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security, integrity, and confidentiality of the website and your information. CastleBranch has implemented industry standard technology designed to keep your personally identifiable information safe from unauthorized access or disclosure. The website is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). CastleBranch has installed layered firewalls and other security technologies to help prevent unauthorized access to the System. Strong password protection protocols are used on all computers and employees are kept up-to-date on CastleBranch’s security and privacy policies. The servers used to store your information are maintained in a secure environment with appropriate security measures. Such protective measures are designed to limit access to your personally identifiable information.
Please note that despite the efforts of CastleBranch, factors beyond its control may result in the unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. Accordingly, CastleBranch cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will be secure under all circumstances and CastleBranch offers no guarantees, warranties, or representations regarding the security from unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable information.
Castle Branch, Inc.
Attn: Bess Hilliard, Associate General Counsel
1844 Sir Tyler Drive
Wilmington, NC 28405