A: To perform services on your behalf, primarily to our customers, we will process your personal data, business information, or usage information:
- • to process and track the actions you take using the service;
- • to verify your identity;
- • to provide the service;
- • to provide customer support, including to resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems;
- • to contact you with regard to your use of the service and, at our discretion, changes to the service and/or service’s policies; and
- • to enable you to participate in a variety of the service’s features.
Further, as it is in our legitimate interest to be responsive to you, to ensure the proper functioning of our service, and provide you with a user–friendly service, we will use your personal data, business information, and/or usage information to:
- • provide you with information such as to send you electronic correspondence or to provide you with promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products or services;
- • manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- • manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- • improve the service, marketing endeavors, or our service offerings;
- • customize your experience on the service or to serve you specific content or ads that we deem are relevant to you;
- • identify your service preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional opportunities, products, services, and promotions;
- • improve the overall experience of the service;
- • comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- • conduct internal business purposes; and
A: INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Collection of Information Through Tracking Technologies: We use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies“). A few of the Tracking Technologies used with the Service, include, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, entity tags, UTM codes (i.e. a code that you can attach to a custom URL in order to track a source, medium, and campaign name), and recognition technologies that make assumptions about users and devices. We use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- • Strictly Necessary: We use Tracking Technologies that we consider are strictly necessary to allow you to use and access our Service, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you and a Customer to make use of Service functionality.
- • Performance Related: We use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Service, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, ads, products or services offered through the Service.
- • Functionality Related: We use Tracking Technologies that are required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Service, including identifying you when you use our Service or keeping track of your specified preferences.
- • Targeting Related: We use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, which may include ads, including those promoted by our Customers, that we deem relevant to your interests on our Service and third–party services based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
- Information Collected From Other Sources: We may collect information about you, including Personal Data, from our Customers who place orders with us for a consumer report, investigative consumer report, or other product or service about you. The information collected from our Customers may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, social security number, email address(es), home address, mailing address, phone number(s), student identification number, education history, licensure, and employment history. We also may collect information about you, including Personal Data, from other sources, such as, but not limited to, third party databases; the department of motor vehicles; county, state, and federal courts; state repositories; federal repositories; state and regional prisons; local police stations; federal bankruptcy courts; federal civil courts; state medical boards; drug testing facilities or specimen collection sites; professional licensing organizations; and other private, local, state, and federal organizations and agencies.
- Information Collected and Stored When We Send You a Text Message: After you sign up for our Service (subject to your consent where required by applicable law), we and/or our Customers may send you text messages that provide marketing, promotional, and/or other information. We and our third–party service providers use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you, we, and/or our Customers send you a text message. This information will be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that will be downloaded to your mobile device whenever you receive a text message.
- Information Collected from Other Social Media Sites: CastleBranch also conducts and/or collects social media data about individual users, including you, for itself, its Customers, or other third parties that either you make available or is made available to CastleBranch and others directly by social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others through APIs or social media monitoring technology (“Third Party Sites“). This data includes names, user IDs, social media handles, gender, and other information that individuals choose to make publicly available on social media sites. In connection with the Service, CastleBranch may also monitor the public activities of individuals on social media sites, including posts, blogs, tweets, and profile information, including such social media messages directed at you and other users. This Privacy Notice does not govern the collection of content by Third Party Sites that is not published or generated through the Service, except to the extent that we act as a processor with respect to such content. Our customers are required to abide by the applicable policies and requirements of such Third Party Sites used in connection with the Services and when using information from Third Party Sites.
A: Please contact us at email@example.com, and we will review and respond to your request as quickly as possible. A confirmation of receipt of your query will be sent within 48–72 business hours of receipt by CastleBranch.